How to make your own toothpaste!
You don’t need Colgate or Aquafresh or Sensodyne to clean your teeth. You can make your own affordably that will last you ages, plus you can just use one reusable container, meaning no waste every time you need toothpaste! I love this recipe because it works extremely well, after brushing my teeth using this, my teeth were so much cleaner, whiter, shinier and felt stronger than when I used store bought toothpaste. This also works great for people with sensitive teeth.
This recipe only has 3 ingredients and it literally takes you 5 minutes to make this, so you should try it. You know you want to. So lets get started.
What you’ll need:
- A reusable glass jar that you’ll store your toothpaste in
- 2 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 15- 20 drops of organic essential oil of your choice (peppermint, spearmint or even cinnamon, whatever you prefer)
- Add all your ingredients in your reusable glass jar (or whatever other container you have)
- Mix them well until combined. I used a chopstick to stir it.
And there you have it, you just made toothpaste! When you want to use it, just put a small amount on your tooth brush and brush as you normally would.
A few things to consider: It’s not going to foam up and it will taste a little saltier than you’re used to but you’ll get used to it very quickly. And no, the coconut oil doesn’t stick in your mouth and leave you with an oily feeling layer, its bonded to the bicarb so you’re only left with a clean feeling in your mouth afterwards.
I hope you enjoy making and using your own toothpaste, subscribe for more of these ‘how to’s’, and let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you!